Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to You...


Happy Birthday to my sweet, amazing, wonderful fiancé!

I hate that I am not there with you (I left for San An today to take my dance kiddos to their national dance competition) but wanted to give you a little blog shout out!

Ricky and I haven't shared very many birthdays with each other even though we have been dating a little over 6 years. His birthday fell on the Miss Texas Pageant the first 4 years we were dating and on this nationals for 2 others, so the ONE birthday of his we were together I threw him a big surprise party. And my bday is 11 days before Christmas, or final exam week for SMU law school (my last 4 birthdays) and undergrad the one before that. So Ricky if you are reading... I am totally due for an awesome surprise party this next year, wink, wink...

As I prep for the LONGEST day of competition tomorrow I couldn't help but think about my special man on his special day. It was literally love at first sight as I saw him across the room and asked to be introduced by a mutual friend 6 years ago and here we are, planning our wedding. I could not imagine my life without him or picture a more perfect, wonderful man to spend my life with. He is the calm in my storm, my voice of reason, my reason for love and he makes me laugh...

And when I am 80 I can't think of any two better things to have shared with your life partner, love and laughter.

I am so thankful for him and to celebrate another wonderful year of his life.

No comments: