Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Day in the Life...

My life... it is crazy. Now I am sure everyone else has a crazy life too... I just like to think mine is crazier! So let me, ok... :)

I haven't been on in a while. It is our busy time of year at the studio with recital prep and competitions in full swing! I looked at my calendar yesterday and realized that my next weekend off work is June 19 & 20.... b.u.m.m.e.r. Oh well... at least I love what I do.

This past week has been so fun even if it has been crazy. My mom and I are working with the Miss Texas Organization as the directors & choreographers of their first Dance Troupe. We held auditions last weekend and had a great turn out. The opportunity that these little girls are getting is something I would have died for at their age. We also have 3 feature dancers that will get to perform live on the Miss Texas Stage. Seriously, a dream come true for a little budding pageant princess! We are holding a second audition on the 20th of May if you know anyone interested between 6 & 12 years old, or if you would like to donate anything (it’s a scholarship pageant) I couldn't resist :) Even though it has been a lot of long hours so far, I am sure it will be a great outcome in the end - plus it feels great to give back to a program that gave so much to me as I competed for Miss & Teen Texas.

We had a normal week at the studio and were lucky enough to have Friday night off, so my mom and I took the opportunity to go wedding dress shopping. We went to the Bridal Boutique in Lewisville where several of my friends have found their dress and had a wonderful time. So ladies if you are looking for a dress, head on over. After trying on close to 100 I put back on the first one, added a veil, a little bling and…. started crying. That was it! Whoohoo! Major check off the to-do list!!! It is wonderful and I could not be more excited about wearing it on my special day!

After rehearsal Saturday I took a quick trip to College Station to celebrate my BFFs birthday. We went wine tasting and had so much fun. Even Ricky! So glad we could make the trip and have some extra time together before she and her husband move to Chicago next month.



The craziness sort-of wrapped up with our master class last night at the studio. Our kids had a great time and Michael Schwandt was awesome. He did some chorography on our older girls that he originally did for Britney’s Circus tour, but he said it ended up being too hard for Brit so they didn’t use it… but neat for our kids none the less. Check out the video here.

What a wrap up… whew… here we go again!

No comments: