Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hiking Done Right!


As some of you may know, Ricky and I went on a mini-vacay this past weekend. It was a gift from his parents, so of course we were grateful for any offer of a free vacation. But you know the saying "if it looks too good to be true then it probably is," well these were my thoughts exactly when he told me where we were going.... CAMPING!!!

Now those of you who know me well would probably never use the words 'Jordan' and 'Camping' in the same sentence, except to say "Jordan would never go camping." But I put on my big-girl-I’m-a-trooper pants and packed up the car to head to Turner Falls, Oklahoma.

Now let me be clear that this blog post is less about our trip and more about our HIKE, that’s right, I went on a hike!!! Whoo-hoo, look at me, outdoorsy girl!!!

Now, while I had a surprisingly wonderful time on our "camp out" which was really in a cabin with TV and running water :) and Ricky did make me an amazing breakfast in bed of french toast... all and all a wonderful trip!

But the highlight was one afternoon when we went on a wonderful hike. It was so beautiful and quite challenging - but after three long hours, an "injury" via a cacti needle and a few tears (for fear of dying by falling off a cliff) we made it to the top. Now as much as I am not a camping person I am probably even less of a hiking type of person. And let me be clear, this was a hard core, could have died a few times, lots of dirt and bugs and twigs type of hike, but rest assure I wore diamonds, a hot pink fleece, and OF COURSE a rhinestoned leopard t-shirt!

Hiking done my way!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Congrats on becoming a blogger. I just started blogging about 2 weeks ago and really enjoy it. Your site is very lovely and it was fun to read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas. I will follow your blogs and I hope that you will follow me as well. Happy Blogging.